Standard English CourseGeneral English Courses
- Starting Dates: Every Monday
- Duration: Minimum 2 Weeks
- Lessons per week: 15 hours
08.30- 10.30 or 10.30 – 12.30
Monday to Friday
08.30 – 16.40
Monday to Friday
1 hour per day
Prices (Quoted Per Week)
- 2 – 4 Weeks: €245 per week
- 5 – 11 Weeks: €230 per week
- 12 – 24 Weeks: €215 per week
- Academic Year Programme
24+ weeks: €165* per week
This course gives you the option to join exam preparation courses [for free] provided they are already scheduled.
What is a Personal Study Programme [PSP]?
- Managed, guided and monitored learning
- Flexible and based on individual needs
- An opportunity for students to work together
- Supported by a wide range of activities and resources
- Up to 20 minutes of 1:1 with a teacher every week
- Time with qualified teachers
- An opportunity for specialised English study
(e.g. for business, aviation, exam preparation, etc.)
- Undirected or disorganised self-access
- Prescribed by teachers using a fixed syllabus
- An isolated hour of individual work
- Only computer-based
- 1:1 every day (the ratio is usually 1:6-8)
- Staffed by untrained supervisors
- A closed group, general English course
Why the change?
The new timetable is aimed at improving the overall ‘student experience’ by creating a network of social learning spaces. In addition to classroom learning, this will include
● creating opportunities for interaction with a greater number of students and teachers
● providing students with a Personal Study Programme that caters to their individual needs, without the expense of 1:1 lessons
● enabling students to reach personal goals as quickly as possible through the development of independent learning skills
● offering a wider range of print and online study resources
● improving access to facilities and staff through the implementation of a more flexible schedule.
- Tuition fees
- Placement test
- All course materials
- Personal Study Programme
- End-of-course certificate
- Unlimited free wi-fi access on school premises
- Access to free online English courses through Net Languages and Ih World
- Participation in IH Cape Town social programme
- Discounted loyalty programmes at local restaurants, health and fitness clubs
- Entrance fees and transport for optional social activities.
Payment: Payment can be by credit card [3.5% additional fees] or bank transfer.
Public holiday notice: Should the school be closed due to a public holiday, ONLY private lessons are made up in full.
“I would like to thank IH Cape Town for the beautiful time. I had the possibility to get to know amazing people from different countries of the world.”
"I am able to say that I'm a better person because of Ih Cape Town. Ih Cape Town offered me the opportunity to meet new people; to be more open-minded and I am really thankful for it."
Elizabeth Djanie Badjoko-Wa-Lileko
“Ih Cape Town is an amazing English school. It’s location in Sea Point makes it a safe place, with a safe surrounding. Teachers are awesome. Each teacher has unique qualities and is very loveable. I don’t regret any second I spent here. I truly fell in love with the school and with Cape Town.”
Salmah Hani. Sait
"I really improved my conversation and my English level. I met a lot of new friends. I am delighted about the school and the teachers."
"Ih is an amazing school. The teachers do their best to make sure that we students learn the language in a way that we won’t forget. Besides the teachers, the staff is like a family, takes care of us very well."
“I had the best moment of my life in IH Cape Town. I’m going to miss you guys.”
Lucia Elisa Benza Tito