English for 50+
This course is for all the eager travelers who want to combine learning English and exploring a new country, city and culture with like-minded people their own age.
Our 50+ course is designed to give you a great cultural, historic and culinary experience in Cape Town whilst improving your English skills.
It is aimed at helping more mature participants to communicate freely in English. Students can choose between our Standard English or 10 hours of Private lessons and all levels are available, including complete beginners. The course also includes a varied programme of activities and excursions designed specifically for this age group.
This course is offered from October 2019 to March 2020 starting on the 1. Monday of each month
(7. October, 4. November, 2. December, 6. January, 3. February, 2. March) and is subject to availability.
English for 50+ Social Programme
Cape Town is a very cultural, diverse and historical city that offers something for everyone –Robben Island, typical African cuisine, wine tasting, jazz evenings and so much more. In our social programme we try to find a nice balance to showcase a lot of facets of Cape Town and give you an unforgettable experience.
Here is an example time table of the planned activities for the 2 weeks programme.
- Monday: Red Bus City Tour (Hop on Hop off)
- Tuesday: Township Tour and Wine & Cheese evening with Robben Island Warden
- Wednesday: Robben Island, District Six Museum, Cooking class (full day)
- Thursday: Dinner at Gold Restaurant
- Friday: Table Mountain
- Saturday: Optional 2 day Garden Route and Safari
- Sunday: Optional 2 day Garden Route and Safari
- Monday: Zeitz Mocca Museum
- Tuesday: Sunset Boat Cruise
- Wednesday: Cape Point Tour (full day)
- Thursday: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and Jazz night
- Friday: Hout Bay Market
- Saturday: Guided wine tour
- Sunday: Free day
The English for 50+ programme consists of:
- 2 weeks of Standard English course (15 lessons per week in mixed nationality and age groups) OR 2 weeks of Private lessons (10 lessons per week with your own teacher)
- Maximum group size of 12 students
- All teaching materials, tests and certificates.
- CELTA trained and experienced teachers
- Personalised timetable
- Personal Study Programme
- 2 weeks of either Homestay (breakfast included) OR Single en-suite accommodation (breakfast included)
- An attractive cultural, culinary and tourist activity package (6x half days, 3x full days and 4x evenings)
- Selected meals
- Airport transfer service on arrival and departure.
An optional 2 day Garden Route and Safari tour can be booked for the weekend.
Contact us for more information
“I would like to thank IH Cape Town for the beautiful time. I had the possibility to get to know amazing people from different countries of the world.”
"I am able to say that I'm a better person because of Ih Cape Town. Ih Cape Town offered me the opportunity to meet new people; to be more open-minded and I am really thankful for it."
Elizabeth Djanie Badjoko-Wa-Lileko
“Ih Cape Town is an amazing English school. It’s location in Sea Point makes it a safe place, with a safe surrounding. Teachers are awesome. Each teacher has unique qualities and is very loveable. I don’t regret any second I spent here. I truly fell in love with the school and with Cape Town.”
Salmah Hani. Sait
"I really improved my conversation and my English level. I met a lot of new friends. I am delighted about the school and the teachers."
"Ih is an amazing school. The teachers do their best to make sure that we students learn the language in a way that we won’t forget. Besides the teachers, the staff is like a family, takes care of us very well."
“I had the best moment of my life in IH Cape Town. I’m going to miss you guys.”
Lucia Elisa Benza Tito