Business English CourseGeneral English Courses
Business English Course
In addition to the core syllabus, courses are organised, as much as possible, around students’ requirements and can include topics such as Communication, Management and Management Styles, Financial Planning, Quality Control, Project Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Customer Service, Crisis Management, Mergers and Acquisitions.
Lessons include a focus on relevant grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, as well as on skills practice (reading, writing, speaking and listening) within a business context.
Ih Cape Town is approved for Bildungsurlaub.
- Starting Dates: Every Monday
- Duration: Minimum 2 Weeks
- Lessons Per Week: 23 hours
8.30 am – 10.30 am or 10.30 am – 12.30 pm
Monday to Friday
12. 40 pm – 2.40 pm or 2.40 pm – 4.40 pm
Monday to Thursday
8.30 am – 4.40 pm
Monday to Friday
Price (Quoted per week)
- 2 – 4 Weeks: €345 per week
- 5 – 8 Weeks: €315 per week
- Maximum duration of 8 weeks
What is a Personal Study Programme [PSP]?
- Managed, guided and monitored learning
- Flexible and based on individual needs
- An opportunity for students to work together
- Supported by a wide range of activities and resources
- Up to 20 minutes of 1:1 with a teacher every week
- Time with qualified teachers
- An opportunity for specialised English study
(e.g. for business, aviation, exam preparation, etc.)
- Undirected or disorganised self-access
- Prescribed by teachers using a fixed syllabus
- An isolated hour of individual work
- Only computer-based
- 1:1 every day (the ratio is usually 1:6-8)
- Staffed by untrained supervisors
- A closed group, general English course
Why the change?
● creating opportunities for interaction with a greater number of students and teachers
● providing students with a Personal Study Programme that caters to their individual needs, without the expense of 1:1 lessons
● enabling students to reach personal goals as quickly as possible through the development of independent learning skills
● offering a wider range of print and online study resources
● improving access to facilities and staff through the implementation of a more flexible schedule.
- Tuition fees
- Placement test
- All course materials
- Personal Study Programme
- End-of-course certificate
- Unlimited free wi-fi access on school premises
- Access to free online English courses through Net Languages and Ih World
- Participation in IH Cape Town social programme
- Discounted loyalty programmes at local restaurants , health and fitness clubs
- Entrance fees and transport for optional social activities.
Public holiday notice: Should the school be closed due to a public holiday, ONLY private lessons are made up in full.
“I would like to thank IH Cape Town for the beautiful time. I had the possibility to get to know amazing people from different countries of the world.”
"I am able to say that I'm a better person because of Ih Cape Town. Ih Cape Town offered me the opportunity to meet new people; to be more open-minded and I am really thankful for it."
Elizabeth Djanie Badjoko-Wa-Lileko
“Ih Cape Town is an amazing English school. It’s location in Sea Point makes it a safe place, with a safe surrounding. Teachers are awesome. Each teacher has unique qualities and is very loveable. I don’t regret any second I spent here. I truly fell in love with the school and with Cape Town.”
Salmah Hani. Sait
"I really improved my conversation and my English level. I met a lot of new friends. I am delighted about the school and the teachers."
"Ih is an amazing school. The teachers do their best to make sure that we students learn the language in a way that we won’t forget. Besides the teachers, the staff is like a family, takes care of us very well."
“I had the best moment of my life in IH Cape Town. I’m going to miss you guys.”
Lucia Elisa Benza Tito