Noah's Ark in Africa
The centre is primarily a sanctuary and the majority of animals and birds that come to us are infants or those that are seriously injured, which are cared for by our volunteers and live out the rest of their lives at the sanctuary. However, those that are able to survive in the wild are nursed back to health and released back into the wild
Our aims and objectives are:
- To rescue and treat all injured or orphaned wildlife brought to our attention.
- The rehabilitation of animals to their optimal level of functioning.
- To provide a safe and suitable environment for birds and animals who do not have the ability to survive re-introduction into their natural habitat.
- To play an active role in cultivating an awareness amongst the public to try and ensure a future for the conservation of wildlife.
- To work in close association with nature conversation and other wildlife rescue centres
- Min Duration: 1 Week
- Arrival City: Port Elizabeth or Grahamstown
- Transfers to/from Port Elizabeth/Grahamstown
- Accommodation and all meals
- Orientation at project